Our Mission is to be the very BEST Land Clearing Contractor in the Province of Ontario!
Sturgeon Falls Brush and Contracting aims to provide strong and ethical leadership, to be influential and beneficial in the field of Forestry, Utility Right of Way and Land Clearing, Road Building, and any other projects deemed appropriate for our company’s prosperity.
We will continue achieving our success by strengthening our management team, increasing our employment and safety standards and building solid quality relationships with all our employees, affiliated businesses and our community.
This company will enforce existing policies and safety standards as well as establish new ones where needed.
“We are proud of our current success and we keep striving for a stronger future!”
Sturgeon Falls Brush & Contracting (SFBC) believes in providing the best possible service at competitive pricing and strives to complete all projects well within allocated time frames while maintaining our focus on safety, quality and environmental responsibility.
General Training & Certifications
- Train the Trainer Certification
- Mechanized Harvesting Certification on Heavy Equipment
- Surface Mining Certification on Heavy Equipment
- Dangerous Goods—TDG Awareness Training
- Log Book, Load Security & Pre-trip Training
- S102 Fire Training & Certification
- Snakes & Reptile Training & Certification
- First Aid Training & Certification
- Noise Exposure
- ATV Riders Course Training & Certification
- Traffic Control Training & Certification
- Chainsaw Training & Certification
- Woodlands Improvement System
- Truck & Coach Technician
- Automotive Service Technician
- Cut & Skid Certification
- Propane Training & Certification
- Accident Investigation Training & Certification
- Every Reasonable Precaution
- Occupational Health & Safety Act & Industrial Reg
- Planned Workplace Inspections
- Septic System Design & Installation
- Basic Fall Protection
- Industrial Vegetation Exterminator Training & Certification
- Pesticides Operator Licence
History of Sturgeon Fails Brush and Contracting
Sturgeon Falls Brush and Contracting Limited (SFB) originated in 1971 when our founder got his first brushing contract with Northern and Central Gas. The first Company was incorporated in 1976 and remained active until 2014 when it was amalgamated with the other operating divisions ot what was previously known as the Sturgeon Falls Brush Group.
SFB has a long history of completing ROW clearing contracts tor power lines and pipelines as well as being the premier land clearing company for the expansion of both Hwy 11 and 69.
Some of the more notable contracts we completed in the last few years include the Henvey Inlet Wind project Transmission Line, the Bruce to Milton Power Line for Hydro One, the Windsor Essex parkway and the last section of the 407 East expansion project. SFB is the company that gets called when projects are awarded to less competent or experienced contractors fall behind schedule and projects need to get back on track, This was the case for the new power line to Detour Gold as well as the phase one of the 407 East expansion.
SFB is renowned for completing large scale contracts under extremely tight timeframes as was the case for the original power line from Moosonee to Attawapiskat where we completed 167kms of ROW in six weeks, working 24/7 so that PowerTel could complete the Five Nations Energy Ommushkego Ishkotayo project on time and under budget.
Over the years SFB has been proud to work for the following General Contractors:
- Aecon Construction and Materials
- Banister Pipelines Constructors Corp.(ON)
- BOT Construction
- Carillion Canada Inc.
- Cruickshank Construction
- Day Construction Ltd.
- H B White Canada
- Hydro One Networks Inc.
- Link-Line Contractors Ltd
- Miller Paving
- PowerTel Utilities Contractors
- Summit Pipeline Services
- Teranorth Construction & Engineering
- Trans Canada Pipelines Limited
- Valard Construction LP
As well as a number of Municipalities, provincial Ministries and Federal Departments.
Health & Safety
Sturgeon Falls Brush and Contracting Limited was one of the first independent contractors to be certified by the Ontario Forestry Safe Workplace Association (OFSWA). Since our initial certification in 2003, we strive to be first out of the gate for yearly re-certification. Our objective is not only to meet basic requirements but also to exceed those standards and strive for a continuously improving safety environment.
Sturgeon Falls Brush Limited is proud to have been awarded the “District Health & Safety Achievement Award” for the years 2003 to 2008.
Wood Waste Management
When we clear land, we don’t leave a mess. The brush and the trees, including the branches get hauled to the manufacturing plant in order to be eventually converted to lumber, wood chips, shavings and sawdust. We produce new material such as hog fuel. Hog (hogged) fuel is a wood product of the forest industry having various applications. It consists of bark and wood chips.
Vermeer, Horizontal Grinder mulches tree lenght to creat different size mulch
Small trees and tree tops for mulching
Larger size mulch in piles
Close up of mulch
As General Contractors, Our Workforce Includes Qualified and Experienced:
- Mechanised Harvesting Equipment Operators
- Surface Mining and Construction Equipment Operators
- Class A and Heavy Duty Mechanics and Shop Workers
- Licensed Truck and Coach Technicians
- Project Estimators
- Project Coordinators
- AZ – DZ Truck Drivers
- Logistics Coordinator
- Labourers – Carpenters – Cement Finishers
- Safety Specialist
- Administrative Personnel
What is your advantage of doing business with us?
Our Commitment to Quality
- What sets us apart from other general contractors is our commitment to quality. We do not compromise. We are detail-oriented and determined to provide the best quality service in industrial, commercial, federal as well as municipal projects and have the utmost respect for the needs of our clients.
Our Versatile, Qualified and Experienced Workforce
- We employ competence. Our qualified and experienced personnel are capable of administering any project anywhere in Ontario and across Canada. Our operators are all licensed to operate a variety of Forestry and Construction Equipment. We provide ongoing training both in house and at outside facilities to ensure that our workforce is as up to date as any in the industry. This also helps us retain employees, ensuring a substantial amount of experience is available at all times. The versatility makes us more efficient while working on your project and this translates into cost savings that we can pass on to you, the client.
- We own and maintain most of the equipment we operate. This, in turn, permits us to prioritize repairs and maintenance to help reduce down time in order to meet our target deadlines.
Our Reasonable Prices
- We offer competitive rates for any project across Canada.
Our Flexibility and Adaptability
- We undertake most projects with our own workforce. This gives us complete control over target deadlines as well as flexibility and adaptability when scheduling necessary alterations to a project.
Our Quality of Communication
- We maintain open communication with our clients at all times. We keep our client aware of every step of the project development. This keeps our client happy and keeps our cost of changes to a minimum.
Our Safety Standards
- We strive to provide the safest possible work environment for our workers.
Our Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We hire competence with the right attitude and we promote on merit to attract and maintain a highly qualified workforce.
Our Unparallel Sensitivity to Our Environment
- We have the highest respect and regard toward our environmental protection. This is why we manage our impact on the environment responsibly, minimizing waste, and vigorously respecting the standards of the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) as well as the Ministry of Natural Resources(MNR) and/or the First Nations Resource Technicians, as applicable. The decisions we make today, determine who we will be tomorrow.